You’ve probably been asked this question a lot throughout your life.
We humans have a long history of loving the stars, and, in modern times, we’ve come to associate our personalities with our zodiac (AKA astrological sign AKA sun sign). So no wonder jewelry-makers use these signs for some amazing engraved pieces.
Figure out your sign below and discover some pretty dang cool zodiac jewelry you should add to your collection.
The Twelve Traditional Zodiac Signs
Ancient Babylonians were the first to practice astrology around 2000 BC. So...a long time ago.
From there, society developed intricate meanings associated with each sign. Every sign is associated with a constellation, a range of dates, an animal, and planets. Heck, you’ll even find that your “sign” is related to everything on Earth (depending on how far down the rabbit hole you wanna go)!
What is My Sign Based on My Birthday?
The first step to figuring out your sign is taking your birthday and matching it with your sun sign (or main sign). It doesn’t matter what year you were born, just the calendar day.
Here’s the list:
- Aries babies are born between March 21 and April 19.
- Taurus babies came into the world between April 20 and May 20.
- Geminis join humanity between May 21 and June 20.
- Cancers are born between June 21 and July 22.
- Leo lions roar into life between July 23 and August 22.
- Virgos first open their eyes between August 23 and September 22.
- Libras join reality between September 23 and October 22.
- Scorpio peeps were born between October 23 and November 21.
- Sagittarius babies breathe their first breath between November 22 and December 21.
- Capricorns spend their first day on Earth between December 22 and January 19.
- Aquarius kids are born between January 20 and February 18.
- Pisces peeps roared into reality between February 19 and March 20.
What Am I?: A Guide to Zodiac Symbols and Personalities
Get this: your zodiac sign exists because astronomers located constellations across our night sky that formed patterns. These patterns were an easy way to track the stars.
It so happens, too, that these constellations are shaped like animals and other meaningful shapes. Actually, the word “zodiac” stems from a Greek word that literally means “circle of animals.”
Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, and Leo are the northern zodiac constellations and can be located in the eastern celestial hemisphere. The rest, Virgo, Libra, Scorpius, Sagittarius, Capricornus, and Aquarius, are located in the western celestial hemisphere since they’re southern zodiac constellations.
What’s cool is once you know your zodiac symbol, you begin to notice similarities between you and your special representation.
What symbol are you? And what strengths does your sign possess?
- Aries - the Ram - courageous and passionate
- Taurus - the Bull - reliable and stable
- Gemini - the Twins - curious and adaptable
- Cancer - the Crab - emotional and tenacious
- Leo - the Lion - creative and generous
- Virgo - the Maiden - loyal and hardworking
- Libra - the Scales - social and gracious
- Scorpio - the Scorpion - stubborn and resourceful
- Sagittarius - the Centaur (or Archer) - generous and likes to laugh
- Capricorn - the Goat - responsible and disciplined
- Aquarius - the Water-Bearer - original and independent
- Pisces - the Two Fish - wise and artistic
To go one step further, your signs also represent one of the four main elements and seasons. Geminis, Libras, and Aquariuses are all air signs that represent springtime. The fire element (or summer time) is represented by Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius. If you are an earth sign, you are a Taurus, a Virgo, or a Capricorn and your season is the fall. Winter is the season symbolic of Cancers, Scorpios, and Pisces’, and these three zodiac signs are water signs.
Now take your symbol and find some awesome zodiac jewelry!
Zodiac Sign Chart
The Thirteenth Sign? Fourteenth? WTH?]
You’re bound to come across someone that says “but what about the thirteenth and fourteenth signs!?”
Just ignore it.
Ophiuchus and Cetus have caused a big debate amongst astronomers and astrologers. Yet, in the end, Western astrology does not recognize their legitimacy, and neither should you. NASA got it wrong.
Awesome Astrology and Zodiac Jewelry
You’re all set now, right? We hope that guide helped!
Now that you are a master of the zodiac and astrology, you should def add some cool zodiac jewelry to your jewelry collection.
Why, you ask? Your special symbol means something, and it adds color to your personality. Sometimes people will go so far as to figure out who they’re gonna date based on their zodiac!
Either way, maybe you’ll run across your new best friend if they notice your zodiac jewelry. You may even find that elusive birthday twin.
The Zodiac Pendant Necklace
First of all, don’t just buy zodiac jewelry anywhere. There are tons of fast fashion websites that sell zodiac jewelry.
But, if you are truly looking for high-quality keepers, consider getting a gold zodiac pendant necklace. With a bold yet sleek aesthetic, the zodiac pendant necklace is a perfect gift for your mama, your sis, or...yourself? (It’s never a bad idea to treat yourself!)
The pendant and chain necklace are both stunning as well as strong. All you have to do is choose your sign, and you’ll receive an 18-karat gold fabulosity that you’ll never want to take off.
Our zodiac pendants feature your zodiac symbol (aka Bull, Lion, etc.) and a few friendly stars to give you an out-of-world yet tasteful design. Wearing your ruling planet can even bring you good luck and protection some believe.
So why not go for it?
The Zodiac Signet Ring
Now that you’re all set with an awesome zodiac necklace, it’s time to match it up with an elegant yet unique zodiac signet ring.
Choose your sign and get ready for a gorgeous oval signet on top of a medium-width band. You could call it dainty, but it’s also mighty and durable enough to last you a lifetime of birthdays.
The signets feature the actual constellation pattern of your zodiac carefully etched into sterling silver, 14-karat gold, or gold vermeil.
Need some gift ideas for these?
- Buy a zodiac ring as a gift for your BFF.
- You can buy a zodiac ring that represents you and your boo and wear them both to keep you close together.
- Even if you didn’t have a hippie mom, she’ll still love this as a Mother’s Day present from her favorite kid (because you are the favorite, right?).
Our zodiac signet rings polish up really nice, and we always guarantee a lifetime tarnish service free-of-charge.
Zodiac and Astrology Jewelry Gives You Star Power
Whether you’re a bold Leo or an emotional Cancer, you deserve to have awesome jewelry that tells your story.
Rellery is proud to offer the highest quality jewelry at a fair price. That means we use the best materials, create thicker and more sturdy pieces, and you get all of this without having to dole out way too much money to pay for those snooty salespeople’s commissions.
If there was a contest for who made the best zodiac necklaces and rings, well, we’d probably do awesomely.
So if you decide to get one as a gift, no worries. We’ve got you covered. And, the jewelry, too. All of our stuff comes in such cute wrapping, it’ll be hard for your sis or BFF to even open it! We won’t include the receipt, either. That’s just our standard.
Shoot for the stars with celestial and gorgeous zodiac jewelry! We promise you won’t regret it.